what kind of education required for upsc
what kind of education required for upsc
Related UPSC Questions:
- What educational qualifications are required for UPSC exams?
- What are the required educational and physical qualifications to be eligible for UPSC exams?
- What are the required physical and educational qualifications for Indian Administrative Services?
- What are the required educational qualifications for Accounts Officer examination conducted by UPSC?
- Required educational qualifications to be eligible for GPSC exams and UPSC exams? I belong to SEBC category
- What are the required educational qualifications to be eligible for UPSC Engineering services exam?
- What educational qualifications are required for army personnel to attend UPSC civil services exam?
- Required educational qualifications for IAS exams? What are the easiest subjects for IAS? What is the procedure for IAS selections?
- Essential educational qualifications for IPS exams?
- How can I fill the form of Indian Army through NDA/UPSC exams? Mention its important dates and required qualifications.
Hi,Union Public Service Commission is the regulatory body which conducts many examinations every year. Each of the examinations are conducted for different departments, posts etc. under the central government and depending upon the department one needs to join, the eligibility criteria varies.Examination conducted for Undergraduates:*. NDA & NA Exam*. SCRA (Special Railway Class Apprentices) Examination Examination conducted for Graduates:*. Civil Service Examination*. Central Police Force Examination*. Combined Defense Service Examination*. Indian Forest Service Examination*. Engineering Service Examination Examination conducted for Post-Graduates:*. Indian Economic Service Examination*. Indian Statistical Service Examination So, depending upon the academic qualification you possess, you may appear for any of the aforementioned examinations conducted by Union Public Service Examination. In order to keep yourself updated regarding all the examinations, refer to the official website of Union Public Service CommissionGood luck....
firstly i want to tell you that UPSC is not a exam , UPSC conduct many exam and you doesn't mention which exam detail you want to know.
there are many exam in public defence, are conducted by upsc and each exam eligibility criteria is different;.
the minimum education criteria for appearing the upsc exam is 12th.
exam wise eligibility criteria is given below.
For NDA exam
candidate should be 12th passed or appearing with subject maths and physics
age of the candidate should be 16.5 to 19 year, only male and unmarried candidate are eligible
For SCRA exam
Candidate should completed 12th and the age of the candidate is 17 to 21 year
3 year relaxation for OBC and 5 year for SC/ST
candidate should be graduate in any stream and the age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year
For CDS exam
candidate should be graduate for air force graduation with subject of maths and physics.
age of the candidate should be 19 to 25 year.
for more detail you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
upsc exam stands for Union Public Service Commission.
some of exam are conducted by upsc are;-
civil service examination
cds-combined defence service
nda-national defence academy
and many more
all these exam have different eligibility.
i am providing some exam eligibility criteria, for more-http://upsc.gov.in
1-civil service examination;-
IAS, IPS exam are come under it.
only graduate students are eligible for these exam.
age limit is 21-30 years for general
21-33 for obc
21-35 for sc/st
you must be 12th standard from a recognized board. age limit for nda exam is 16.5-19 years.
you must be unmarried male a well as Indian citizen
you must be passed 10th standard with pcm subject.
age limit for scra exam is 17-21 years.
graduate candidate can apply this exam.
you can get more information on the given above link.
all the best.........................
The UPSC conducts Exams at two different levels:
For Undergraduate Exam like NDA & NA, SCRA Exam the Educational Criteria are as follows:
12th class pass of 10+2 of school education pattern or equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board or University.
For Graduate Exams like CSE, IES, CDS etc the Educational Criteria are as follows:
The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university
Final year degree students are also eligible
Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university
As we all know that UPSC is the Union Public service Commission.It is the examination conducting body of India which organises lots of examination every year.
You have asked about educational requirements for the UPSC exams and you have not mentioned the name of UPSC exam for which you want academic requirements.
So here ,I am mentioning academic requirements for some of most important UPSC exams:
1.Civil services examinations:
>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.Final year graduation candidates can also apply.
2.Indian Engineering services
>>Bachelor's degree in engineering/technology in any discipline from a recognised university.
3.National defence academy examinations:
>>10+2 passed/appearing with mathematics and english as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.
4.Special class railway apprentice examinations:
>>10+2 passed/appearing with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.
5.Central Police force examinations:
>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.Final year graduation candidates can also apply.
Note: There are some more examinations like CDS,IRS etc for which you can get required qualifications from www.upsc.gov.in
Hope the information helps you.
all the best
Re: What educational qualifications are required for UPSC exams?
IAS Exam is the administrative civil service exam of the Government of India. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the exam every year. Civil Services Examination is also known as IAS examination.
Eligibility for UPSC exam-
1. Age Limit:-
21-30 years as on 1/8/2013
2. Educational Qualifications:-
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
3. No. of permissible attempts :- Four (Seven attempts of OBCs ) and no limit for SCs/STs.
UPSC eligibility Criteria and i will provide details information about the UPSC Eligibility Criteria in the Below Manner.
UPSC Eligibility Criteria's:-
Nationality:-The Aspirants should be citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal
Educational Qualification:-The Aspirants must be Complete the Bachelor degree or Engineering Degree in any stream from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark for this examination and final year candidates also eligible for this examination but one condition you will submit the course Completion certification into the Office.
The General age limit should between 21 to 30 years
Other Back age limit should between 21 to 33 years
SC and ST age limit should between 21 to 35 years.
Physical Standards:- The Aspirant should be medically fit for this examination
Number of Attempts:-
General Candidate for - 4 Attempts
OBC Candidate's for - 7 Attempts
SC/ST Candidate's for - No Limits
For More Details About the UPSC Exam Please Visit Here:-Upsc.gov.in
For the exam of IAS, IPS, IFS, IES & CDS candidates should have graduate degree from recognized university.
For the exam of SCRA or NDA candidates should be pass 12th from recognized Board.
Dear UPSC board conduct so many exams and you have not mentioned the name of that exam for which you are going to prepare but you should not worry because i have mentioned the complete eligibility criteria for main exams which are conducted by UPSC Board :
1. UPSC Civil Service Exam 2013 : Candidate must posses a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and final year pursuing candidates are also eligible to apply for this exam
Age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines which is 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBCs
2. UPSC Forest Service Exam 2013 : Candidate must posses a bachelor's degree in any one of the following disciplines from a recognized university and final year pursuing candidates are also eligible to apply
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age follows same as mentioned above
3. UPSC - Police Service Exam 2013 : Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years
4. UPSC CDS - Combined Defense Service :
Indian Army : Candidate must have a bachelor's degree or pursuing in final year of the degree and age should not be less than 19 years and more than 24 years
Indian Navy and Air Force : Candidate must have a bachelor's degree with mathematics and physics as a compulsory subject and any one of the biology/chemistry/computer science from a recognized university
5. UPSC CAPF : Central Armed Police Force : Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and age should not be less than 20 years and more than 25 years and relaxation in upper age would be provided to reserved category candidates as mentioned above
6. UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2013 : Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in engineering in any one of the following disciplines from a recognized university :
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Age should be between 21-30 years and relaxation in upper age follows same as mentioned above
7. UPSC NDA : National Defense Academy 2013 :
Indian Army : Candidate must have passed class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board
Indian Air Force and Navy : Candidate must have passed class 12th with mathematics and physics as a compulsory subject and any one of the biology/chemistry/computer science from a recognized board
Age should not be less than 16.5 years and more than 19 years for this exam
8. UPSC Economic Service Exam : Candidate must have a master's degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics from a recognized university and age should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per mentioned above
9. UPSC Medical Service Exam 2013 : Candidate must have passed his/her bachelor's degree as M.B.B.S. with complete practical knowledge from a recognized university and age should not be less than 21 years and more than 32 years and relaxation in upper age as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates
10. UPSC Geologist Exam 2013 : Candidate must have passed his/her master's degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognized university or Diploma in Associateship in applied geology or Indian school of Dhanbad or master's degree in mineral exploration or master's degree in hydrogeology from a recognized university and age should not be less than 21 years and more than 32 years and relaxation in upper age follows same as mentioned above
For more details and informations you should keep visiting at www.upsc.gov.in
Hello Dear Friend ...
U.P.S.C -- UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
The minimum qualification must be 21 years
Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years
You must have a minimum Graduation from a Recognized university
There will be an Age relaxation for the reserved candidates ..
You must be an Indian Citizen
upsc i.e union public service commission which is the main head for conducting various exam to recruit aspirants into different govt jobs.
the list of exam held by upsc are=
1)NDA EXAM (national defense academy)
2)CDS EXAM=combined defense service
3)IFS (indian forest service)
4)I.E.S=indian engineering service
5)civil service exam
5)SCRA=special class railway apprentices exam
6)engineering service exam
7)combined medical examination
8)central armed police forces
so these exams depends on educational qualification,age limit and other criteria.
these exam conduct once or twice in a year
for further exam notification ,you can visit=www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC exam have the different Education qualification for the different exam and also different posts. According to the Exam and Job Post the UPSC will display the Education qualification. Even though I am mentioning the some of the common the education qualification for UPSC exam. But it is not for the any of the exam.
If you Intermediate Passed
If you complete the Intermediate then you ca apply for the exams like NDA and also you can join the defence field through the TES ( technical Entry Scheme) .The common the eligibility according to the Intermediate stage is the .
The candidates must have age limit of 16-19 years
The candidates must be Indian citizen – this eligibility is common for the all the UPSC exams.
The candidates must passed the intermediate with Mathematics and Physics If you wish to join the any of the Technical area in the defence field
The candidates must be Fit in accordance with specified in the Notification ( It is also common for the most of the defence exam)
If you are Graduate
If you can apply for the UPSC exam after the graduation Lao .You can apply for the UPSC exams like the CDS exam and also CSAT etc. For all this the common eligibility I the candidates have to complete th graduation. Here also if the candidates want to apply for the nay of the Technical area then you have to complete the graduation in the science stream like B.E / B.Tech. The age limit for the UPSC exams varies lot for the exams to exam after the graduation in the defence field common range of the age limit is 19-24 years but in the civil service exams it varied lot.
There is different educational qualification for different exam
For NDA and SCRA candidate must be 12th Pass from any recognized boars
For IPS,IAS (Civil Service Exam) candidate must be Graduate any steam from any recognized university.
For IES candidate must be Graduate with Engineering
Age should be For NDA 16.5- 19 years
Other examination 21-30 years
For More detailas you can visit http://upsc.gov.in
Best of Luck
UPSC conducts various competitive exam for the various posts of Central government.
I think your intention is from Civil Service exam.
This is the most popular exam of UPSC which is conducted for the post of IAS,IPS or IRS.
>>>>Eligibility criteria for the Civil Service exam
you should be graduated in any branch from recognized university or its equivalent.
You can also apply in final year of graduation.
You must be in age of 21 to 30 years
Age relaxation as per government norms
SC/ST + 5 years
OBC + 3 years
PH + 10 years
You must be the citizen of India.
UPSC is going to issue the notification for the civil service exam on 2/2/2013 and last date of application form is 4/3/2013.
while exam will be held on 19/5/2013.
For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in