what is the HSC percentage needed for qualifing upsc exam?
what is the HSC percentage needed for qualifing upsc exam?
Related UPSC Questions:
- What is the minimum required percentage in graduation to be eligible for UPSC exams? When the next notification will be released?
- Am I eligible for UPSC exams after completion of BCA course? What is the minimum percentage required for appearing in UPSC exam?
- Am I eligible for UPSC exams being a BBM graduate? What is the minimum required percentage for same?
- What is the minimum required percentage in gradation for UPSC exam? I have scored 52% in B.Sc General graduation. Am I eligible for UPSC exams or not?
- What is the minimum required percentage in 12th (PCM) to be eligible for NDA exam?
- Required percentage criterion in 12th, graduation to be eligible for CDS exam? Minimum required height and weight measurements to be eligible for Indian Army?
- What is the minimum required percentage in graduation to attend UPSC exams?
- Minimum percentage required in Graduation (Commerce) to appear in UPSC exams.
- What to do after HSC (Commerce) to join CID? Should I do graduation course in Criminology? or Can I appear in UPSC exams?
- What should be the minimum percentage in graduation to be eligible for UPSC exams?
The criteria for appearing in UPSC Exam is :
1. Nationality : Indian
2. Academic qualification : Graduate in any stream from any recognized university.
3. Age limits : 21-30 (OPEN), 21-33 (OBC), 21-35(sc/st).
4. Attempts : OPEN-4 , OBC-7 ,SC/ST-9 .
No such percentage criteria is given for applying for UPSC exam. BUT you can appear only if you are a graduate.
However, after HSC; you can go for NDA exam.
UPSC doesn't consider marks so don't worry about it, you just need to satisfy the basic eligibility criteria to appear for the concerned Exam.
Various Exams are conducted by UPSC for them are listed below:
Civil Services Exam (IAS,IRS, IPS)
Engineering Services Exam (Civil,mechanical,electrical, electronics engg)
IFS Exam (Forest Services)
CDS Exam (Combined Defence Services)
ISS Exam (Statistical Services)
CPF Exam (Central Police Force)
CMS Exam (Combined Medical Services)
The Basic eligibility criteria for maximum exams are:
The candidate should have a degree in any discipline from university recognized by UGC. Final Year students can also apply.
The candidate should be Indian
The age limit is 21-30 years
For further details and Previous years Question Papers of any exam refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form from the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
Dear you have not mentioned that for which examination of UPSC you want to apply but as you have mentioned about HSC then i expect that you are going to apply for UPSC NDA Examination and you should have following eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC National Defense Academy Examination 2013
Indian Military : Should have passed in class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board
Indian Naval Academy : Should have passed in class 12th with mathematics and physics as a compulsory subject
Indian Air Force : Should have passed in class 12th with physics and mathematics as a compulsory subject
Age of the candidate should not be less than 16.5 years and more than 19 years and relaxation in upper age would not be provided to any category candidates
Dear as you can see that UPSC board does not require fixed percentage marks for any exam in any class so that you should not worry and if you have secured only 40% then also you can apply for UPSC NDA Examination between these following dates
Start date for online application - 04-05-2013
Last date for online application - 03-06-2013
Date for UPSC NDA Examination - 11-08-2013
Examination Pattern for UPSC National Defense Academy 2013
Mathematics - 300 marks
General Ability Test - 600 marks
Each paper would be conducted in objective type pattern and qualifying in both papers is necessary and if you get qualified in the written examination then you would be called for SSB Interview and Personality test and after qualifying these steps you would be finally selected in NDA
All the best
Dear, For the upsc exam the percentage of the marks is no matter for the exam. If you give the CDS, Civil Service, IFS, IES etc any exam then you has only passed graduation degree. The percentage of the marks is no matter for the exam. The age factor is compulsory for the every exam. For more information please touch with the www.upsc.gov.in Best of luck
To be eligible to appear in the UPSC Exams there is no percentage criteria.
You just need a passing percentage in your HSC to be eligible to apply to UPSC Exams.
UPSC conducts various exams at the undegraduates and graduates level for aspirants.
After your HSC you can apply to Undergraduates level exam held by UPSC.
You can apply to two exams conducted by UPSC after passing 12th Boards from a recognised Board/University.
They are :
SCRA Exams-Special Class Railways Apperentice Exams for recruitment in the mechanical dept. of Indian Railways as Officer.
NDA & NA Exams-National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Exams for recruitment in the army,airforce and navy as Officers.
After finishing your graduation you can apply to following graduates level exams held by UPSC :
-Civil Services exams
-Engineering Services exam
-Combined Defence Services exams
-Central Police Forces exams
-Indian Forest Services exams
For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
There is no percentage required for UPSC Examination
Pass marks candidate can also apply for UPSC Exam
So dear is you are 12th pass then you can apply for NAD and SCRA
if you are Graduate then you can apply
CDS and Civil Service exam
age should be
For NDA 16.5- 19 year
SCRA 17-21 year
CDS 19-24 year
Civil Service Exam 21-30 year
any Graduate candidate are eligible for UPSC exam. Percentage not require through UPSC if you are simple pass class graduate then also you can apply for it.
there is as such no percentage bar for applying in U.P.S.C level...
nor in H.Sc neither in S.Sc nor in Graduation...
all they want is a pass degree from a recognized board or council..
best wishes for your exams
happy to help you..